Welcome to this week's session of our Friday jam session. It's always one of my favorite days of the week. I get to hang out with some awesome people and answer some insightful questions to help people grow their own business. To join us, you can head over to takeactioncrew.com.
It's completely free, and we always have a great time. You'll also be able to get your own questions answered and meet some incredible people along the way. We now have a new feature, a smart player that you can search specific topics and find every place within each coffee talk where I talk about that particular topic. This will save you time and help you find the answers that you need to be answered.
Today we're going to be talking about how to plan 2021 in order to see massive results in your business. That's the topic that I wanted to focus on today. I'm also going to share with you how you can create a digital product that you can offer for free while still getting paid on the backend, so be sure to read to the end so you don't miss out.
Start With The End In Mind
The very first thing I want to do is to start with the end in mind. I know that sounds so obvious, but not everyone thinks about it that way. It can seem silly at first but trust me, it works. You also need to set realistic expectations. You may need to adjust accordingly to ensure that you're setting goals that you can achieve within the time frame that you have set for yourself.
It's much easier for a lot of people to start with small goals that they can accomplish one step at a time. There is usually a money goal involved. Keep in mind that starting a successful business takes time to grow. You will most likely not be profitable in the first year, and that's important to keep in mind.
The good thing about an online business is that when you create content and assets, they will help you make money for months and even years to come when you create the right type of content. This will ensure that you don't always have to go on the hunt for new customers all the time.
4 Tips for a Successful 2021
As I mentioned, you should start with your end goal in mind and move backward from there. There are four key points that you should focus on when you implement this process. I've used these tried and true tips for years, and they work like a charm.
- Simplify: It's easy to get side-tracked in your business. Instead, focus on adding less to your plate and only doing things that will help you achieve your end goal.
- Commit: When you commit to something, you're showing that you're dedicated to making something happen and are in it for the long haul. If you don't have accountability or a partner, I encourage you to find someone. It makes it much easier to stay motivated and stay committed when things get tough to have someone that you can report to and talk about things with.
- Stay Consistent: You have to stay committed and keep moving forward to see the results you want.
- Create a Plan: You need to start by knowing your target and move backward from there. You also need to chunk it down and create weekly and daily tasks. This is going to make it much easier to reach your goals and help you stay committed and remain consistent. You'll also feel less overwhelmed when you focus on getting one thing done at a time, especially when you have your tasks laid out beforehand.
It's also important to write everything down. Keep it all in the same spot. I recommend having a dedicated notebook you can write in. From there, take time to map out each week. That way, you're not guessing what needs to be done. You're just showing up, putting in the work, and getting the tasks done.
This will ensure that you start to see the progress that you are searching for. You just have to keep moving forward and doing the steps. So now, all of the pieces need to be built, Having a plan will help make it all easier.
I use this tried and true process with all of my brands. I always keep things as simple as possible in order to see the best results. This makes things less stressful and helps me stay committed and motivated.
Start with Evergreen Content
If you're currently selling products but don't have a website, I recommend refocusing your efforts on creating a brand. Your content shouldn't be solely focused on your own products. Instead, you should create content around questions that people have related to a product. This way of thinking can be used in any niche.
My first recommendation to see the best results is to create evergreen content. You can create this today that will get ranked in Google for months and even years to come. As it gets more mature, you'll have more people come to that piece of content, and it will continue to grow with time. I want you to really think about creating evergreen content from the very beginning. That is where it starts and will help you build your brand and drive traffic to your website.
Think about questions your market is asking and how you can create content that answers those questions. This is going to be the easiest type of content to rank for. You can get these types of articles written fairly quickly as well.
I recommend starting with ten questions to start. Avoid getting hung up on the traffic numbers. Instead, focus on writing a high-quality question that answers a question that your niche market is searching for. If they need the answer to that question, then answer it. This will help you learn how to write and optimize content as you, especially in the beginning, when your website is new.
If you're not giving yourself deadlines, you're not going to see progress. You need to set your own deadlines. However, this is where accountability and having someone to check in will help. Make 2021 the year that you commit and stay consistent. You can do this!
Grow Your Email List Early On
If you do not have an email list, you need to start building your list as soon as possible. Without your email list, you can't survey your subscribers or send out emails.
The key is to send out weekly emails related to your evergreen contact. You'll share with your subscribers when you have a new blog post that has been released. Therefore, this will help generate additional traffic to your site. Another great benefit of an email list is that you can send promotions to your list.
Create Digital Products and Bonuses for Affiliates
There are plenty of affiliate programs out there. If you become an affiliate, you can create content directly related to the products that you're an affiliate for. If people purchase using the links that you include, you'll get paid for that. You can easily tap into a multi-level marketing type of operation and still make money. It's a nice additional revenue stream to have.
As I mentioned before, you need to keep your process simplified and stop chasing shiny objects. You'll never be able to get quick big wins. Everything takes time and patience, so you need to be prepared to go back to the basics and stay in it for the long run.
I want you to write down how you're going to plan your 2021 and ask yourself the questions that I've included in this blog post. So now you should ask yourself what your end goal is, and start tracking how you're going to make that happen on a weekly and daily basis. It's time for you to commit to building your brand in 2021.
I will be here with you every step of the way. If you want results, you can get them. You just have to commit and stay committed. So, f you need help and want to be surrounded by like-minded people, head to brandcreators.com to apply to become a part of our community.
Thanks For Tuning in!
- If you found today's show to be valuable, please share it.
- Additionally, please consider taking a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes.
- They're very beneficial when it comes to the show's ranking. I can guarantee to read each one of them myself.
- Finally, don't neglect to subscribe to the show on your preferred app.
“Remember, I'm here for you, I believe in you, and I'm rooting for you! Now it's time for you to take action and go rock your brand”!
Take-Aways From Today’s Episode
- Start With the End in Mind (4:51)
- 4 Tips for a Successful 2021 (7:41)
- Start With Evergreen Content (14:11)
- Grow Your Email List Early On (22:14)
- Create Digital Products and Bonuses for Affiliates (26:23)
“Make 2021 the year that you commit and stay consistent”
- Take Action Crew: http://takeactioncrew.com
- Coffee Talk: https://brandcreators.com/coffee
- Playbook: http://brandcreatorsbook.com
- Checklist: https://brandcreators.com/checklist
- Brand Creators Event: Grab Your BAL Recording HERE
- Email List Workshop – https://learn.brandcreators.com/email-workshop-sales-page