Today we are going to cover the five stages of building your own successful brand. We’ve created a Brand Creators roadmap that we use within the academy and have recently started teaching these five stages to our own members. I personally use them in my own brands and can’t wait to share them with you to help you grow your own business.
I want to review these five stages with you, teach you how to understand each stage, and show you how to work through each one. If you ever like to join us live on Monday, Wednesday, or Friday at 10 am, head over to takeactioncrew.com. We’d love to have you be apart of your Take Action Crew.
You’ll also have access to our smart player. Therefore, you’ll have the option to search our past coffee talks for specific topics or keywords and find every insistence where that specific topic or keyword is mentioned. This will help save you time while getting the answers to all your questions about starting or growing your brand.
The 5 Stages of Building a Successful Brand
To kick things off, we’re going to review the five stages to building your own brand. We have a similar roadmap within Brand Creators that we follow, and the goal is to help people get into a routine and the habit of taking the steps necessary to get the results they are looking for.
This could include tasks like getting your website up and running or creating your very first piece of content and publishing it to your blog page. However, it’s important to take the first step and look at how to build out your roadmap, chunk it down and learn how to execute on a regular basis. This is why we created the roadmap for our Brand Creators Academy members. So they have a clear guide of the steps they need to take along the way.
I wanted to share it with you so you can see all the action items that need to be done while you grow your own brand. You should also keep in mind that there are a lot of things going on behind the scenes within every stage, and we won’t be able to cover everything today.
However, I wanted to start by giving you the foundation of the roadmap so you can get a glimpse into every stage and what’s included. The goal is to get you in the game. Once you’re in the game, you have a chance to win and see the results you’re working toward. From there, you can always adjust if you don’t see the results you’re looking for to start. It’s all about analyzing and refining your progress over time.
The Validation Stage
In stage one, you’ll start by choosing your niche, validating traffic, monetization, and list building. Those are the only things that you should focus on within stage one. It’s that simple. Within stage one, we also implement our 30-day roadmap within Brand Creators.
You can’t move on to any of the other steps until you’ve successfully validated your niche. You have to make sure that there is room for you to grow within that niche before moving forward. Also, consider breaking down this stage a bit further, so it’s easier for you to take action and go through it step-by-step. Write down everything that needs to be done and follow what you’ve mapped out.
Before you can make monetization on your brand, you’ll need to make sure that the niche you’re going into has enough traffic. It’s not worth creating a website and brand if no one is visiting your website or doesn’t have an interest within your niche. Without an audience, you won’t be able to make any money.
I’ve also added list validation to stage one. It’s important to know that you have the ability to build a solid email list within the niche that you’ve decided to pursue.
The Foundation & List Building Stages
Stage two is focused on building the foundation of your brand. You’ll start by choosing your brand name, logo, website, outline your content, and brainstorm ten post ideas. From there, you’ll actually write three to five blog posts that you will publish. Remember, you can always outsource the writing if it’s too much for you to take on or your not comfortable writing.
As long as you have validated your market, you can move on to building your foundation. Within this step, not only will you create an outline of your content but you will also write and publish a few pieces. This will help you prepare for future steps.
Stage three is list building.
You will create a lead magnet, landing page, thank you page, first email, Facebook ad, and get your first 100 subscribers.
The cool thing about the list building aspect is within your email follow-ups that you send to your subscribers. You will drive people to your free lead magnet. Once you’ve done the work within stage two, you can also drive people to your website and blog posts that you’ve already written and published.
The Monetization Stage
I recommend only picking one of the following options to focus on. Once you’ve picked one and finished it, you can move on to stage five. You can always come back later and complete additional tasks later on.
- Create a post around a product: This could be your own post or a few products that are within your niche. Your blog post will focus on the products you’ve picked, and you’ll include a link where your readers can purchase them. You can also send an email notifying people of the post and include the links where people can purchase those products. This is a great way to start making money as an affiliate.
- Create a digital product
- Create your own merchandise
- Run ads once you have enough traffic coming to your website.
Once you’ve accomplished one of the above options, you’ll be able to move on to stage five. The idea is that you need to finish one of these before you can move on. Remember, like I mentioned before, you can always come back to stage four and complete another task later on down the road.
The Growth Stage
In stage five, you’ll be doing more of what you’ve done in the previous stages. It’s really that simple. A few examples include:
- Research and plan three months’ worth of content. This will allow you to have twelve new posts ready to go. Once you’ve gotten them written, you can go ahead and get them all scheduled in advance. You can even hire out the writing if you’d prefer.
- Send weekly emails to your subscribers, directing them to your blog posts and current promotions if you have any.
- Create evergreen content.
- Continue building your email list.
- Create your first digital product or a bump to your existing product.
You don’t need to do everything at once. You’ll take time to refine and tweak each of these steps as you go along. It’s all about making process and moving forward.
These five steps are all that you should be focused on when you’re building your brand. 2021 should be all about simplifying your business and life. Our five stages of growth are dedicated to help you and provide you with a map to success to give you more direction of what next steps to take, especially when you’re feeling lost or overwhelmed. This will help you know to spend your time and energy to get the best results.
I want you to see that building your own brand doesn’t have to be a massive undertaking. Just take it one day at a time. When you’re able to map everything out, it’ll help you create a plan and stick with it. I follow this five-stage process, and it works well. Some of the items within these stages you can check off your list fairly quickly, which always helps make things less stressful.
Thanks For Tuning in!
- If you found today's show to be valuable, please share it.
- Additionally, please consider taking a couple of minutes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes.
- They're very beneficial when it comes to the show's ranking. I can guarantee to read each one of them myself.
- Finally, don't neglect to subscribe to the show on your preferred app.
“Remember, I'm here for you, I believe in you, and I'm rooting for you! Now it's time for you to take action and go rock your brand”!
Take-Aways From Today’s Episode
- The 5 Stages of Building a Successful Brand (3:34)
- The Validation Stage (7:54)
- The Foundation & List Building Stages (10:37)
- The Monetization Stage (14:01)
- The Growth Stage (17:02)
“The goal is to get you in the game. Once you’re in the game you have a chance to win and see the results you’re working toward”.
- Take Action Crew: http://takeactioncrew.com
- Coffee Talk: https://brandcreators.com/coffee
- Playbook: http://brandcreatorsbook.com
- Checklist: https://brandcreators.com/checklist
- Brand Creators Event: Grab Your BAL Recording HERE
- Email List Workshop – https://learn.brandcreators.com/email-workshop-sales-page
- Digital Product Creation Fast Track – https://learn.brandcreators.com/offers/Zo37wCyz/checkout