How can sellers like you transform your approach to engaging with customers and convert them into superfans? What if you had a clear method for creating superfans of your brand? Good news – you’ve come to the right place! On this episode of The Amazing Seller, you’ll hear from entrepreneur and author, Pat Flynn. In his conversation with Scott, Pat opens up about his journey creating the SwitchPod, lessons he learned along the way, how he created superfans of his brand, and much more. Have pen and paper ready – you are going to need it!
Did you know that most inventions and innovations come from leaders who have honed their ability to pay attention? It’s true! When you learn to pay attention to how people interact with products and services, you’ll notice ways to improve their experience. If you are willing to go out on a limb as Pat Flynn did with the SwitchPod – you’ll make a product people will love. Pat didn’t create the SwitchPod on a whim – he noticed people struggling with GorillaPod tripods at a convention he attended, and then the inspiration struck. To hear more about how Pat developed and marketed the SwitchPod, make sure to listen to this episode!
Don’t be afraid to fail!
Too often, leaders who have a great idea that could positively impact peoples live don’t take the risk and put their idea on the marketplace because they are afraid to fail. Don’t let that happen to you! As Scott often says, “You only fail if you give up.” Put your ideas and inventions out there and see how they connect with people – if it doesn’t work – learn from the experience. Before his successful run with the SwitchPod, Pat had experimented with the idea of a large calendar, but it got bogged down in the development process. Pat didn’t let the unsuccessful run with the calendar get in the way of his next great idea – the SwitchPod! Learn from Pat’s story by listening to this helpful episode of The Amazing Seller!
How to create an “Active audience member”
What are practical steps sellers like you can take to create the “Superfans” of your brand? Is there a process you can adopt that will lead to active audience engagement? According to Pat Flynn, there are several steps you can use to get your people engaged.
- Give people a reason to stay with you – think small wins.
- Put your personality into your brand/business. Share your story!
- Understand and use the lyrics your audience wants to hear. Use their language!
- Get them involved – ask their opinion and input.
How will you start creating active audience members today? Are there any other steps you’d add to Pat’s list? Tune into this episode of The Amazing Seller as Pat expands on these steps and much more!
People want to be heard
When was the last time you felt like a brand actually listened to you as a customer? Chances are you don’t feel heard by the likes of Nike, Amazon, Walmart, and Old Navy. As an ecommerce business, you have a unique opportunity to tap into your target audience and help them feel like you are paying attention to their struggles and needs. Don’t assume you can just throw a product or service together and then market it well to succeed – you’ve got to go deeper than that! Find out how sellers like you can go beyond the surface and really connect with your audience by listening to this episode of The Amazing Seller!
OUTLINE OF THIS EPISODE OF THE AMAZING SELLER
- [0:03] Scott’s introduction to this episode of the podcast!
- [4:00] Pat Flynn joins the podcast.
- [7:20] What is the SwitchPod? How did Pat create it?
- [14:00] Pat talks about his unsuccessful attempt to create an oversized calendar.
- [17:00] Lessons learned from working on the calendar that applied to the SwitchPod.
- [22:25] How to create a superfan.
- [24:30] Creating an “Active audience member.”
- [30:15] How Lego focused on their fans and turned around their brand.
- [33:00] People want to feel heard.
- [37:00] How to get your copy of “Superfans.”
- [39:10] Closing thoughts from Scott.
- Pat Flynn
- Brand Accelerator Live
- Travel Fashion Girl